A Student Conference on Alija Izetbegović 2023, “Bosnia Comes First”, Successfully Organized
On Thursday, October 12, 2023, a Student Conference on Alija Izetbegović, “Bosnia Comes First”, was successfully held in the hall of the Gazi Husrev Bey Library in Sarajevo, organized by the Fond “Bošnjaci (The “Bosniaks” Fund) in cooperation with the Alija Izetbegović Museum, Alija Izetbegović Foundation and the Association “Young Muslims”.
On that occasion, in the framework of three panels, 9 students presented their works which they had created under the mentorship of Prof. Dr Admir Mulaosmanović:
The First Panel
- Armin Žunić – Vision in the Book “My Escape to Freedom – Notes from Prison: 1983-1988”
- Amina Karić – Freedom According to the Book “My Escape to Freedom – Notes from Prison: 1983-1988”
- Ahmed Šadinlija – Alija Izetbegović as Commander-in-Chief
The Second Panel
- Lamija Veladžić – What Others Said about Alija Izetbegović
- Naida Redžić – Alija Izetbegović about the ‘Other and the Different’
- Nermin Avdukić – Izetbegović’s Understanding of the ‘Third Way’ (block division)
The Third Panel
- Amina Kahriman – Reflections on Europe
- Elvedin Omerović – Alija Izetbegović and the Problem/Criticism of Education in the Muslim World
- Nedžma Latić – Justice and Law in the Thoughts of Alija Izetbegović
At the beginning of the Conference, Mr Bakir Izetbegović, Alija Izetbegović’s son, also addressed the audience and spoke briefly about his father, his views on Bosnia and Herzegovina and the peoples and citizens who live there, as well as on science and culture. He recommended all young intellectuals to read the book “My Escape to Freedom – Notes from Prison: 1983-1988” by Alija Izetbegović.
During the break between the panels, the manager of the Fond “Bošnjaci”, Mr Šahin Kerla, also presented prizes for the best literary work based on the previously announced competition to the following pupils and students:
- First place – Fatih Žgalj, second-year student at the Faculty of Science and Mathematics, University of Sarajevo
- Second place – Lamija Babić, first-year student at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University of Zenica
- Third place – Ajdin Karić, student of the second grade of the Gymnasium “Dr. Mustafa Kamarić” from Gračanica
The conference was attended by many guests, so the hall of the Gazi Husrev-bey library in Sarajevo was too small to accommodate all the interested pupils and students who came to the conference to listen to the excellent presentations by young intellectuals about Alija Izetbegović, the first democratically elected president of the Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina, a thinker and a lawyer.
ALIJA IZETBEGOVIĆ FOUNDATION