Published works by Alija Izetbegovic
Alija Izetbegović Foundation in 2021 completed a project which included the creation of Alija Izetbegović’s personal bibliography, as well as the bibliography of works about Alija Izetbegović and his books.
Below are the bibliographies in PDF format:
as well as the selection from these bibliographies of works in the English language:
- IZETBEGOVIĆ, Alija. Islam between East and West. Indianapolis: American Trust Publications, 1984. VIII, 231. ISBN 0-89259-057-2
Karachi, Hasan. Preface. 1–2.
Balić, Smail. Introduction. 6–8.
- IZETBEGOVIĆ, Alija. Dr. Izetbegovic’s address at the 1983 Sarajevo trial. The South Slav Journal. 1985, 08, 01–02, 94–97.
- IZETBEGOVIĆ, Alija. Islam between East and West. 2nd ed. Indianapolis: American Trust Publications, 1989. XXXIII, 292, ISBN 0-89259-057-2Karachi, Hasan. Preface XV–XVI.
- IZETBEGOVIĆ, Alija. Islam between East and West. Indianapolis: American Trust Publications, 1991. XXXIII, 292. ISBN 0-89259-057-2Karachi, Hasan. Preface XV–XVI.Balić, Smail. Introduction XXI–XXIV.
- IZETBEGOVIĆ, Alija. Islam between East and West. 3rd. ed. Plainfield: American Trust Publications, 1993. ISBN 978-0892-59139-8
- IZETBEGOVIĆ, Alija. The Islamic Declaration. [s. l.: s. n., 1993]. 64 *
- IZETBEGOVIĆ, Alija. Islam between East and West. [S. l.: s. n.], 1994. XXXIII, 292*
- IZETBEGOVIĆ, Alija. Islam between East and West. Teheran: The Institute for political & international studies (IPIS), 1995.*
- IZETBEGOVIĆ, Alija. Bosnia: President Izetbegović recalls war and aftermath. The South Slav Journal, 1998, 19, 01–02 (71–72), 94–111. ISSN 0141-6146
- IZETBEGOVIĆ, Alija. Foreword. In: Where the two oceans meet: The art of Moustafa Ahmed. London: Fe-Noon Ahmed Moustafa, 1998.
- IZETBEGOVIĆ, Alija. Rat i mir u Bosni i Hercegovini = War and peace in Bosnia and Herzegovina: speech delivered at Tribune of the Council of Bosniak intellectuals: Sarajevo – 29 November, 1997. Sarajevo: Vijeće Kongresa bošnjačkih intelektualaca, 1998. 63 (Biblioteka Posebna izdanja, br. 31) ISBN 9958-47-023-3
- IZETBEGOVIĆ, Alija. Islam between East and West. 3nd ed. Plainfield: American Trust Publications, 1999. XXXIII, 292. ISBN 0-90295-139-0!
- IZETBEGOVIĆ, Alija. Bosnia on the historical border: a lecture given at the Examination Schools, Oxford on 2 April 2001. Oxford: Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies, 2001. https://www.oxcis.ac.uk/sites/www.oxcis.ac.uk/files/2017-01/02042001%20Izetbegovic.pdf. ISBN 978-1-871163-08-7
- IZETBEGOVIĆ, Alija. Izetbegović of Bosnia and Herzegovina: notes from prison, 1983-1988. Westport [etc.]: Praeger, 2002. XIII, 248. ISBN 0-275-97287-9*
- IZETBEGOVIĆ, Alija. Inescapable questions: autobiographical notes. Leicester: The Islamic Foundation, 2003. VIII, 550. ISBN 0-86037-362-2, ISBN 0-86037-367-3
- IZETBEGOVIĆ, Alija. Inescapable questions: autobiographical notes.2nd. ed. Leicester: The Islamic Foundation, 2007. 549. ISBN 978-0-86037-367-4*
- IZETBEGOVIĆ, Alija. Notes from Prison. Kerala: Other Books, 2011. 452. ISBN 978-8-190-60198-6*
- IZETBEGOVIĆ, Alija. Islam between East and West. Calicut: Islamic Book Trust & Other Books, 2013. XXVIII, 317. ISBN 978-938-008-135-9*
- IZETBEGOVIĆ, Alija. Notes from Prison. Kerala: Other Books, 2013. 317. ISBN 978-9-380-08135-9*
- IZETBEGOVIĆ, Alija. Islam between East and West. Kindle ed. Plainfield: American Trust Publications, 2016. 23964 KB.
- ĐULABIĆ, Sakib. From Spaho to Alija: the Roots and the Future of the Contemporary Muslims. [2nd revised ed.]. Sarajevo: Sakib Đulabić, [s. a.]. 190.Preface: “In August 1994 the first edition of this book was published (Publishing firm: NIPP “Ljiljan”) in Ljubljana. The first edition was published under the title “From Spaho to Alija” and its subtitle was “The Roots and the Future of Contempoprary Muslims”)”. 5–6.
- AL-GHAZALI, Muhammad. Islam between East and West: The “Magnum Opus” of Alija Izetbegovic. Islamic Studies. 1997. 36, 2/3 Special Issue: Islam in the Balkans. 523–531. ISSN 0578-8072
- RAMET, Sabrina P. Views from Inside: Memoirs concerning the Yugoslav Breakup and War. Slavic Review: American quarterly of Soviet and East European studies. 2002. 61, 3, 558–580. ISSN 0037-6779; e-ISSN 2325-7784 (Online)
- FREDRIKSEN, John C. Biographical dictionary of modern world leaders: 1992 to the present. New York: Facts On File, 2003. X, 566. ISBN 978-0-816-047-239
- RAMIĆ, Selma. The role of Islam in Bosnia and Herzegovina and President Alija Izetbegovic’s political impact. [MA thesis]. Georgetown: Georgetown University, 2007. 89.
- CARSON, Jason Edward. A Leader Despite Himself? An Analysis of the Statesmanship of Alija Izetbegovic, 1990-2000. [MA thesis]. St. Louis: University of Missouri, 2009. 128. https://irl.umsl.edu/thesis/164/
- SHERIF, M. A. Why an Islamic state: the life projects of two great European muslims, Muhammad Asad and Alija Izetbegovic. Kuala Lumpur: Islamic Book Trust, 2009. III, 49. ISBN 978-967-506-239-1
- International Scientific Symposium Dissolution of Yugoslavia (2010; Sarajevo). Dissolution of Yugoslavia: processes, causes and position of Bosnia and Herzegovina seen through the prism of political steps and actions of the BiH leadership headed by Alija Izetbegović: Sarajevo, 04. December 2010: collection of works. Sarajevo: Muzej “Alija Izetbegović”, 2012. 215. ISBN 978-9958-566-03-5
- KARIĆ, Enes. Islam in Islam between East and West. Journal of Intercultural and Religious Studies. 2013, 4, 7–62.
- AKIN, Mahmut Hakkı. Culture and Civilization in the Thought of Alija Izetbegovic. In: SUNAR, Lutfi. Debates on Civilization in the Muslim World: Critical Perspectives on Islam and Modernity. New Delhi: Oxford University Press, 2017. ISBN 9780199466887
- AKRAM, Muhammad, SHEIKH, Usman Ali. Islamic Culture and Western Civilization: The Prospects of Coexistence in the Thought of Alija Izetbegović. Journal of Religious Studies of the University of Chitral, 2020, 4, 1, 116–134. ISSN 2616-6496 https://jrs.uoch.edu.pk/index.php/journal3/article/view/269/153
- SADOVIĆ, Bakir. Reminiscence of Alija Izetbegovic and His Leadership. In: ERÇETİN, Şefika Şule, AÇIKALIN, Şuay Nilhan. Chaos, Complexity and Leadership 2018: Explorations of Chaotic and Complexity Theory. Cham: Springer, 2020. 27–32. ISBN 978-3-030-27671-3
More about the project of compiling Alija Izetbegović bibliography
Alija Izetbegović Foundation completed in 2021 the project which included the creation of Alija Izetbegović’s personal bibliography, as well as the bibliography of works about Alija Izetbegović and his books. The bibliography aimed to primarily compile biographical and academic works in which Alija Izetbegović was a central theme, as well as his ethical, religious and political thought.
Citations included here have been formed on the basis of primary and secondary sources. Citations made on basis of secondary sources were marked with an asterisk (*). The project was initiated and implemented in extraordinary conditions of COVID-19 pandemic, which greatly reflected on the information and book access. The citations will be updated following the direct inspection of publications.
Our intention is to acquaint the public with this project due to the the following reasons:
- we wish to make it easier for researchers to find information regarding the intellectual works of Alija Izetbegović;
- bibliographies will be used for the formation of the Foundation’s library, based on Alija Izetbegović’s publications and publications about him;
- as our aim is to create a comprehensive bibliography, we would welcome the help of the public in pointing out the publications we missed to describe, which is probable considering the war conditions during 1992–1995, as well as the possible omissions by the publishers to submit the obligatory number of the copies to the libraries which collect, process, keep and lend them to the users.