BIGMEV and Alija Izetbegović Foundation are Launching Pilot Project of On-the-job Training in the IT Sector in Istanbul
In the on-the-job training program, which will take place in Istanbul over a period of 12 months (September 2022 – September 2023), young candidates will have the opportunity to specialize in the prestigious Turkish IT companies in the most sought-after areas by working on IT projects as part of full-time work. Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be required to work for 2 years in Bosnian IT companies.
The IT Sector Human Resources Development Program in Bosnia and Herzegovina was launched as a joint project of BIGMEV and the Alija Izetbegović Foundation to support the economic development of Bosnia and Herzegovina and is implemented in partnership with Istanbul Ticaret University and International University of Sarajevo.
During the program, participants will be provided, among other things:
- Professional work experience in IT sector and networking.
- Mentoring services and support in career planning.
- Certified training. Successful participants will receive a certificate at the end of the training in three “soft skills” areas, and in one area of information and communication technologies.
- Minimum salary of an IT company employee, meals, transportation or public transport ticket, health insurance of the Republic of Turkiye, work permit, as well as a monthly stipend.
- Accommodation in single rooms in Istanbul, etc.
As part of these benefits, participants will be required, inter alia, to:
- Act in accordance with the Labor Law of the Republic of Turkey and the business rules of the IT company where the participants of the program will be employed.
- Commit to work and professional socialization in order to gain the intended work experience.
- Cooperate and have good communication with the mentors assigned to them.
- Participate in selected trainings for “soft skills” and IT, which may be outside working hours, and prepare for exams for required certificates.
- After the completion of the 12-month program, they will be obliged to work for the next 2 years in the Bosnian-Herzegovinian IT company, determined by BIGMEV and the Alija Izetbegović Foundation.
- Participate in events that will be organized as part of the promotion of the program.
The participants are required to have excellent knowledge of the Bosnian language.
Learn more about the training program and apply online at the Bosnia and Herzegovina Partnership Program page (in Bosnian).
Applications are open until June 30, 2022 by 5 p.m.
ALIJA IZETBEGOVIĆ FOUNDATION